Indonesia Liveaboards, Raja Ampat Liveaboards
SMY Ondina - Indonesia Liveaboard
SMY Ondina was updated/improved in June 2014
Work in progress to update this page as of Jan 19, 2015
SMY Ondina :
- Renovated with many improvements in June 2014.
- Traditionally built Indonesian Phinisi schooner.
- Handcrafted throughout from exotic woods, this liveaboard was purpose-built exclusively for SCUBA diving and is expertly planned for diving comfort.
- All cabins have individually controlled air conditioning & ensuite bath
- Very experienced - operating dive trips and charters in Indonesian waters since 2002
- Maximum Capacity 16 guests (we limit to 12 for the City Seahorse Value Added Charter trips).
email us about Raja Ampat Liveaboard trips
or call USA +1 817 626-636
City Seahorse Value-Added Special Charter Trips Schedule
SMY Ondina 2015/2016 Full Schedule
|Indoor Dive Deck
You and your gear stay out of the sun, wind, rain
Tanks filled without changing the BCD
|Large Camera Table - Individual Storage
Turn around to find 2 large built-in
camera rinse tanks behind
- Indoor dive deck. You and your gear stay out of the sun, rain and wind.
- Tanks filled in place, no need to reposition BCD between dives.
- 16 individual dive stations, 1 for each diver with storage below tank.
- Air or Nitrox ±32%. (Nitrox Analyzers).
- 2 Bauer Air Compressors (under the deck = quiet).
- Nitrox membrane
- Choice of Aluminum 80, small steel, or large steel tanks. Yoke or DIN valve.
- Indoor hanging wetsuit storage, rinse tank for dive gear, + hot freshwater showers - on the main deck.
- Deck towels for you.
- Steps (to board tenders) on both sides of ship
- 2 Dive tenders with Yamaha Outboards. Inflatables have ladders.
- + 1 fiberglass tender - normally used for moving supplies, etc.
- Diving gear and dive computers for rent (6 sets, reserve in advance)
- Maintenance kits and spare parts for Scubapro equipment
- Large camera table with removeable shields for protection from rain & wind.
- 2 built-in large fully padded freshwater rinse tanks for cameras.
- Air tanks to dry and clean your equipment.
- Camera towels.
- Individual storage boxes for camera equipment.
- Individual charging station for each diver with 200V, 50hz power, 3 socket power strip (voltage regulated).
|Air Conditioned Dining/Lounge
Plenty of power points for computers
HDTV, library, 24/7 snacks
|Sundeck for viewing the
beautiful scenery and stars
|Three public areas to relax.
Sundeck, Lounge, Bow table & seating(above)
Comfortable, Moderate Level Indonesian Liveaboard with:
- AC Dining Room & Lounge.
- Library and Games.
- Satellite International phone for guest use.
- HDTV with 350+ Movies, DVD.
- Espresso machine, ice maker, 24/7 snacks (fruits, chips, candies, cookies) and coffee/tea/bottled water.
- PA system & Music .
- 2 Covered Outside Deck Areas.
- Sundeck with chaise loungers and fold up chairs.
- On the bow: large table with bench seating, padded seating, hammocks.
See an SMY Ondina liveaboard Schedule
See the Raja Ampat Value-Added Liveaboard Trips Schedule
Double Cabin for 1 or 2 Guests (2 available)
Triple Cabin for 2 Guests (6 available)
SMY Ondina Cabins
- 6 triple cabins with queen-size lower bed + twin-size upper bed - for 2 guests.
- 2 double cabins with one queen size bed - for 1-2 guests.
- Individually controlled air conditioning.
- Private ensuite bathroom with warm (not hot) fresh water shower and toilet facilities.
- Closet with floor to ceiling shelves.
- Large underbunk storage for luggage.
- Bedside table & bed lamps for night reading.
- Portholes (can be opened) with sea views.
- 220V 50Hz (standard in Indonesia) power points for European style 2 round prong plugs.
SMY Ondina Cabin Diagram
Meals/Dining on the Raja Ampat Liveaboard:
- Meals are a combination of Western & Asian (Indonesian). Expect tasty food, served buffet or family style.
- On Value-Added trips a self-serve breakfast will be available before the first morning dive.
- A cooked breakfast is served after the first dive.
- Lunches are 3 courses, salad plus a selection of mains, fruit dessert.
- Dinners are a 3 course meal:
Soup, main course selections, plus dessert.
- Packaged snacks are available at any time. A special snack is served after the afternoon dive.
- SMY Ondina can accommodate allergies and special diets (Vegan, Vegetarian, Vegetable Haters, etc.) Let us know in advance.
|Semi-rigid Dive Tenders
In this photo, 4 divers,
driver & 1 crew assistant
Comfortable ride, easy to board
(crew carries all your gear)
|Wet Room on dive deck level
Hot showers, gear rinse tank,
hanging indoor wetsuit rank
SMY Ondina Specs
- Ironwood, teak & tropical timber construction.
- Deck length: 32 meters overall; Beam: 8 meters; Draft: 2.6 meters
- Engine: 400HP MAN Marine Diesel
- 400 m2 Sail Area
- Cruising Speed: 8-9.5 knots
- Fuel tanks: 12 tn; 2,000 nautical mile range
- Electricity: 200v 50hz, 24 hr.
- Generators: 2 marine sets
- 12v Emergency Lighting
- 10 tons fresh water
- Water maker
Navigation & Communication:
- Depth finder
- GPS Plotter with C-map marine charts.
- Radar, 16 miles reach.
- Radio Multiband SSB
- Radio VHF GMDSS system.
- Handheld Radios ICOM VHF
- Satellite telephone THURAYA for private communications in the most remote locations.
- Satellite telephone ERICSSON R190
- 2 Solas Life Rafts for 30 people.
- Life Belts and Jackets for every passenger.
- Safety Flares.
- Fire Extinguishers.
- Emergency Oxygen (3), First Aid supplies.
- Hyperbaric chambers in Makassar and Bali.
Please review a
more liveaboard pictures- 28 images
including cabin photos with detailed captions.
Ondina Cabin Diagram
Raja Ampat Photo/Dive Trip Itinerary
... more Indonesia liveaboard trips